The world is currently gripped by a pandemic that has affected us all and in Australia, it seems we’ve beaten the virus and things will be going back to normal. Whether you reside in or near Sydney, or are planning to stay for a week, here are a few tips to ensure you have a great time.
- Sydney Tower Eye – The perfect place to start your day; the tower is open at 9am daily, so make sure you get there a little early to get the best view of Sydney. Make sure your camera has lots of memory and is fully charged, on a clear day, you can see the fabulous Blue Mountains and the tower is located in the retail district and you can book your tickets online, which is recommended.
- Shopping in Market Street – When you leave the Tower, head along Market Street where you can buy brand name items at affordable prices. If you love window shopping, this will be an enjoyable hour as you peruse goods from Australia and abroad in the many stores.
- Royal Botanic Gardens – You simply must visit the Royal Botanic Gardens, if you head north down Art Gallery Road then take a left into the Garden Entrance, you will be amazed by the many flora and fauna located within this garden of Eden. The layout includes separate gardens with species from that part of the world and this makes a great backdrop for your photos and you could live-stream it on Facebook to let your friends enjoy the experience.
- Dinner Overlooking Sydney Harbour – If you want dinner with a view in Sydney, there is a superb restaurant in Rose Bay that has an extending veranda that offers the ultimate view of the harbour. Best to book online and well in advance as this spot is a firm favourite for locals and tourists alike and when you are enjoying fine cuisine with such a view, you will understand why this eatery is so popular.
- Ferry Across the Harbour – Go to Circular Quay where you can board one of the harbour ferries that go to many different locations within the harbour and the evening is a great time to be on the water, with all the lights flickering on the water surface. If you are looking for a suitable exercise routine, check out Pilates, which is very popular around the world.
- Take a Night-time Helicopter Tour – If you want the ultimate view of Sydney Harbour, then book an evening helicopter tour and experience Sydney from a truly unique perspective. A 90-minute flight includes a look at the Blue Mountains, plus low passes over Bondi Beach and the pilot is very happy to include locations, if it is at all possible.
Of course, there are far too many locations to include in this article and the Internet offers a wealth of information about things to do and places to see in Sydney and a couple of hours researching should lead to a firm plan.